Whither Must I Wander

5.11.2006

Down By The Bay

Since I heard the phrase "Galway Bay", the above mentioned song has been in my head ever since. Not sure what that says about me. But that is a damn good song. Have you ever seen a whale with a polkadot tail?

Anway, never mind about the validation. After my last post, I went and talked to The Pants about my concerns. She was on her top bunk in the hostel in Belfast, reading an Agatha Christie novel and eating digestive biscuits. "Who cares?" she said amidst a mouthful. "We do what we want. Here," she said, shoving the packet in my face, "eat a digestive." And this is why I went traveling with my sister. She drives me mental most of the time, but every once in a while she says the right thing. And we love Galway. It's super hot and humid and everyone is out on patios drinking Guinness, or Diet Coke in our case. It's so relaxing here. J'adore!

We've also been practicing our French. It's pretty much a lost cause, but no matter. Je voudrais un chocolat chaud, s'il vous plait. D'accord? C'est vrai! Ma soeur, quelle dommage! Or something like that, anyway. Perhaps I'll get some pictures up whilst in Galway.

Slainte!

2 Comments:

  • Marta dahling...
    I am having a lot of fun reading about your trip. I agree with Pants...who cares, you just have to enjoy the moment and do what you want! Again, don't forget to find yourself a red headed Irishman in honour of me. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 PM  

  • MotN,
    I must say that I heart the blog. And coming from moi, that's high praise, not that I think my praise is to be more revered than the praise of others, but you know me, I generally hate blogs. No offense bloggers...errr anyways... Work is a bore, I'm dying to see you again, I cannot wait for you to come home. (Because I am selfish and need my Marta time) I understand your worries about not doing and seeing it ALL, but silly woman, you are having the experience of a lifetime! Don't be a numpty and relish your days there, as they are very nearly at an end. (For this trip anyway.) Have a digestive for me. Miss you tons, good news, it's hot here, hooray, something to look forward to coming home for, as I KNOW you're not having DC-withdrawal ;-) Love ya, A.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home