Whither Must I Wander

5.22.2007

She Moves In Her Own Way

What I Learned This Weekend:

The May long weekend invariably stinks. Usually the weather is crap-ola, usually I try to have some sort of birthday celebration but everyone's out of town and then I usually get bummed because I'm getting older. Then I realize that I'm being a big baby and why don't I just grow the heck up?

This did not happen this particular weekend.

The weather did indeed suck, and I also had to move most of my belongings into storage which resulted in exhaustion and my trick knee giving out, but I did have a birthday party (am I 5?) with friends and another with family and good times were had. So I'm happy.

I also learned that I am probably the worst waitress ever. Among many other mishaps, I have dropped two beer bottles (empty, thank heavens) on two separate people in the past week. How I have not been fired I do not know. Fortunately I've managed to coast through life on my good looks, seems to still be working...

2 Comments:

  • M-
    Hey, I've been meaning to email and say Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!! Obviously I did not make it to Calgary for the long weekend. Apparently Canada can't manage to have a real national highway and the Trans Canada was closed off and on last week due to mudslides. Anyway, back to you...
    Glad to hear that you had a good birthday, two parties, what a lucky girl! Did anyone buy you a pony -or even better, give you cards with money?

    Keep smiling!
    Love ya
    Kirsten

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 PM  

  • Happy Birthday fellow Gemini!

    By Blogger Lily, at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home