Whither Must I Wander

5.21.2006

Homeward Bound

We're back, kids!

It's bizarre to be in a city that has:

-People driving on the righthand side of the road
-Wide open spaces
-Lots of Canadians
-Less than 4 flights of stairs in one house
-Front lawns
-No cobblestones

So, due to the lack of photos and ridiculously expensive internet that rendered the blog lame in general, I plan to do a few posts as a last hurrah whilst trying to conquer the jet lag. Perhaps country by country or something. I'm knackered. Nine and a half hours is a looooong flight. But at least it was direct. I had a great view of the north pole, too.



Thanks to great friends like K. and A. who are encouraging and are in general fabulous people. Overall, it was a phenomenal trip and we were so fortunate to have the time and means to do what we did. I don't know that I'll ever recover from 3+ weeks avec the wee Pants...but I have no doubt she feels the same way.

Also, gigantic thanks and more thanks to our cousin Tara and her friend Sarah for putting us up while in London. It was by no means a roomy ordeal and we so appreciate them sharing their floor space, hot water and TP in an already busy flat. You guys are amazing, not to mention hysterical, and we wish you the best on the backpacking trip!

Tara's on the left, the one that strongly resembles The Pants.

Well, for the 4 of you that I think read this, thanks for coming along. And sorry for all the references - no less than 3 people have commented on the apparently obscure references that peppered my entries. I didn't mean to leave anyone in the dark, I guess it's just how my mind was working. Anyway, stay tuned for a few more days, if you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home