Whither Must I Wander

8.27.2007

Two Weeks Notice

Turns out the best thing about giving notice is the option to be mysterious. Due to the reason that certain people in my organization would make me a spectacle for their own gain, I've decided to keep my plans for Glasgow on the QT. My offical and truthful story is that I'm taking time off to re-evaluate my situation. I just happen to be doing it overseas. A number of people know, but I made a point of telling everyone to keep quiet about it. Now that the main perpetrators are on holiday, I'm a little more free about telling people. But it's really a delight to answer nosy-parkers with 'nowhere' when they ask where I'm going and noting their alarmed/jealous/disdainful reactions. But hopefully they don't take my response metaphorically...

2 Comments:

  • I hope it will be wonderful.

    By Blogger Kathryn Thompson, at 10:46 PM  

  • You are a better woman than I, I would be bragging about trading in boring Alberta for Europe/Scotland/Glasgow, any day!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home